Luke Kuechly hangs em up

JohnTurney

Luke Kuechly hangs em up

Post by JohnTurney »

8 years, like Willis

Bobby Wagner has 8, if he retired----would all 3 be HOF?
bachslunch

Re: Luke Kuechly hangs em up

Post by bachslunch »

JohnTurney wrote:8 years, like Willis

Luke Kuechly (6/7/10s?) has an honors profile almost exactly like Patrick Willis (5/7/10s?). I think both get in the HoF after a little bit of a wait. Bobby Wagner (5/6/10s?) is almost a carbon copy of these two at present, and should get in as well.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

bachslunch wrote:

Luke Kuechly (6/7/10s?) has an honors profile almost exactly like Patrick Willis (5/7/10s?). I think both get in the HoF after a little bit of a wait. Bobby Wagner (5/6/10s?) is almost a carbon copy of these two at present, and should get in as well.

Would agree.
rebelx24

Post by rebelx24 »

I don’t see any way that Kuechly and Willis don’t end up in Canton eventually. Their relatively shorter careers as players from recent decades, along with a few others like Calvin Johnson, might just get voters to take a closer look at guys like Sterling Sharpe someday (provided the Seniors Committee nominates him, which is also perhaps more likely because of these shorter-tenured players). NaVorro Bowman is another player who was extremely effective over a mere 8 seasons, and I think he deserves consideration eventually. Not sure whether he’ll get it, though, as he wasn’t as flashy or well-known as his inner linebacker contemporaries, and had various injury problems towards the end.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

JohnTurney wrote:
bachslunch wrote:

Would agree.
As would i
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Also agreed... that Willis/Kuechly/Wagner are all almost the same player and therefore all about equal in HOF-worthiness. Kuechly might be vaulted a bit higher due to his one DPOY. IF they are all in someday, probably should be in the order of retirement/eligibility. (in the order listed above) Without one leapfrogging another.
boknows34

Post by boknows34 »

Updated HOF eligibles:

2021 - Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson, Jared Allen, Steven Jackson, Logan Mankins, Kevin Williams
2022 - Demarcus Ware, Tony Romo, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Nick Mangold, Devin Hester, Vince Wilfork, Robert Mathis, Anquan Boldin
2023 - Joe Thomas, Darrelle Revis, Dwight Freeney, James Harrison, Shane Lechler
2024 - Julius Peppers, Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Gates
2025 - Luke Kuechly

Not too distant future - Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson, Jason Witten, Frank Gore, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, LeSean McCoy, Marshawn Lynch, Adam Vinatieri.

Fitzgerald has just announced he’ll be back next season. Willis and Kuechly could end up on the same ballot in 2025.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Also agreed... that Willis/Kuechly/Wagner are all almost the same player and therefore all about equal in HOF-worthiness. Kuechly might be vaulted a bit higher due to his one DPOY. IF they are all in someday, probably should be in the order of retirement/eligibility. (in the order listed above) Without one leapfrogging another.
From what I've seen, Kuechly is the best of the three because he had considerably more range. He is borderline HOF-worthy; Willis and Wagner, to me, are Very Good.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Absolutely Kuechly goes into the Hall. 5x all pro. And he definitely passes the eye test.

What I feel will end up happening is because of the CTE threat, a lot more guys especially in the high impact collision positions are going to be hanging them up after 6-8 years where in the past they'd be locks to play into their early 30's
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

sheajets wrote:Absolutely Kuechly goes into the Hall. 5x all pro. s
6x All-Pro.