Marcus Peters made history?

Gary Najman

Marcus Peters made history?

Post by Gary Najman »

According to PFR, Marcus Peters is the first player in NFL/AFL/AAFC who has returned interceptions for TD for two teams in the same season. It it is correct, or anyone knows of another player who has done something similar?

(Edit: for the record, PFR lists that in 2011, Aaron Curry returned fumbles for TD for Seattle and Oakland, but when checking, he only returned one for the Raiders).
JohnTurney

Re: Marcus Peters made history?

Post by JohnTurney »

We posted that it was a "known" record.

It's not likely by possible in the vagabond era maybe one guy had a pick 6 for, I dunno, Minneapolis and later in season one for Canton---

But I say it's a record. I hope so we posted it before the game was over.

When he was running it back I was looking it up.

I'd say since 1940 for sure, likely since 1930, too.

guessing a high percentage (75% or more) that it's an all timer.
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

No, he's the first to do it. But calling it a "record"...
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

TodMaher wrote:No, he's the first to do it. But calling it a "record"...
It's not a record, it's a distinction.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
:roll:
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JohnTurney wrote:
Rupert Patrick wrote:
:roll:
It's like saying Adam Vinatieri has the distinction of being the only player who has scored 1,000 points for two different franchises. It's not a record.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
It's like saying Adam Vinatieri has the distinction of being the only player who has scored 1,000 points for two different franchises. It's not a record.
Understood. I got it the first time. It's just that it's a bit too semantical a debate for my tastes.
Last edited by JohnTurney on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JohnTurney wrote:[

Understood. I got it the first time. It's just that it's a bit too semantical a debate for my tastes.[/quote]

It wasn't my point to slight or demean you, John, but this is historic in a sense, but not something that should put him in the Record and Fact book. It is more of an answer to a trivia question. There are those who will want to put him in the record books for this, but a record is something you chase or pursue like the career rushing yards mark, or the most of something like most passing yards in a single season, a superlative, or on the other hand, a worst of something, that is also a record. This is not that.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:[

Understood. I got it the first time. It's just that it's a bit too semantical a debate for my tastes.
It wasn't my point to slight or demean you, John, but this is historic in a sense, but not something that should put him in the Record and Fact book. It is more of an answer to a trivia question. There are those who will want to put him in the record books for this, but a record is something you chase or pursue like the career rushing yards mark, or the most of something like most passing yards in a single season, a superlative, or on the other hand, a worst of something, that is also a record. This is not that.[/quote]\

No worries---I didn't take it that way. And I get that something like that would never be in Record & Fact book, nor should it.

I just called it a record, a I think someone else did on Twitter---so though semantically wrong, I viewed it as close enough for rack and roll, that's all. No biggie