Football Obituaries

oldecapecod11

Football Obituaries

Post by oldecapecod11 »

I see a separate post is being made for each death and / or amplification of the deceased's record or history.
Will this not create a "saving" problem at the end of the year in that each post will have to be opened and saved individually and then inserted into a master necrology?
Saving the "Deaths" from the old forum required saving just six pages, 5 each with 20 obits / comments and the last with just one. As you can see, each group of 20 was posted and it was as before - readable by scrolling. (It might have required just one post but it was the first ARCHIVED bit of data I posted here.)
Granted, this new set-up shows each decedant in a separate post but that will make for troublesome saving in 2015 - unless, of course, these posts are automatically forwarded to a master files or someone is recording them elsewhere.
I have taken the liberty of doing that with the new listings - adding the two newer to the first new obit. The website will tell us when it is time to create a new page or will do it for us.
If I am wrong, simply feel free to trash the added posts.
CORRECTION
What I did was create a post list the three entries in an individual "Add Reply" which seems to view much better than the first thing I did.
Check it out.
In the menatime, I will send a note to the bored conclavists so they can "correct" a format that did not initiate there.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Mark L. Ford

Re: Football Obituaries

Post by Mark L. Ford »

Thank you for transferring these to the new site. To answer your question, Ken Crippen has kept track of the deaths of players for several years, and maintains that list separately from the Forum. At year's end, it is my understanding that there is a checking of other sources in order to make sure that no decedent was overlooked inadvertently, after which the list is printed in the Coffin Corner.
When a player passes away, the event often becomes an individual post on the Forum so that people may discuss the legacy of a particular individual, and it is also noted on the section that was called "Player Deaths for 2014" as a "pinned" topic that does not move down the page as new posts are made. In the redesign of the web, of course, a separate "Football Obituaries"